November 4, 2009

Welcome to November and RULE NUMBER 6


Happy November to all!!!

I apologize for not posting sooner, but it has been pretty crazy with football, soccer, cross country, and HALLOWEEN which was especially fun this year.

I have been saying that I was going to start doing a lot of things in November, and I fully intend on following through. Some of the new additions to 3-D Performance Guide will be:

  • Educational Videos
  • Movement Sequences/Workouts
  • Specific Applications of the functional anatomy and physiology
  • "I am Will's body" funtional muscle function series
  • More 3-D joints like the shoulder, spine, foot/ankle
  • Food for thought posts
As we move into the new month, we are moving into the holiday season where we typically get very busy with parties, jobs, and definitely more stress. It seems we are pulled in even more directions than normal and we start to lose ourselves physically, mentally and spiritually. I have found myself being a little less than enthusiastic lately, and a little cranky and rushed. When I get to that point, I step back and am reminded of a story that goes like this.

Two prime ministers are sitting in a room discussing affairs of state. Suddenly a man bursts in, apoplectic with fury, shouting and stamping and banging his fist on the desk. The resident prime minister admonishes him: "Peter," he says, "kindly remember Rule Number 6," whereupon Peter is instantly restored to complete calm, apologizes, and withdraws.




The politicians return to their conversation, only to be interupted yet again twenty minutes later by an hysterical woman gesticulating wildly, her hair flying. Again the intruder is greeted with the words: "Marie, please remember Rule Number 6." Complete calm descends once more, and she too withdraws with a bow and an apology.

When the scene is repeated for a third time, the visiting prime minister addresses his colleague: "My dear friend, I’ve seen many things in my life, but never anything as remarkable as this. Would you be willing to share with me the secret of Rule Number 6?" "Very simple," replies the resident prime minister. "Rule Number 6 is ‘Don’t take yourself so damn seriously."



"Ah," says his visitor, "that is a fine rule." After a moment of pondering, he inquires, "And what, may I ask, are the other rules?"



"There aren’t any."




As we approach this month, lets stay focused on our 3-D Optimal Peformance by taking a few moments out of each hour to remember RULE NUMBER 6. I am willing to bet that things will go much smoother if you do.

Happy Wednesday!!!

Will

1 comment:

  1. Genius! Thanks for putting that one together mate! Rule #6 - I am writing it on my board right now :)

    Cheers mate

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete