October 9, 2012

Discover Movement Series





Well, I have not posted here in quite some time for a number of reasons that I will not go into. The most important thing is that I'm back and I have A LOT to say. However, I 'm going to keep this post short though. 

What I plan to do over the next few weeks is write about, among other things MOVEMENT. I have started on a journey of looking at movement from a very neurophysiological standpoint. Yes, the structure is important but where my studies and research has taken me is that bones, joints, muscles, fascia, ligaments and tendons are essential effectors of the Nervous System. In this series I will outline why. 

Movement is absolutely essential to life and is an exceedingly broad topic, so I will limit it to the areas of physical rehabilitation and performance enhancement. My guiding theory is based on Melzack's Neuromatrix Theory and how movement is an multi-factorial output of the Nervous System. 



I look forward to writing about this series as it is the culmination of what I have been thinking about and implementing for several months now. 

Best,

Will 

No comments:

Post a Comment