March 5, 2010

3-D Optimal Performance Blog is BACK AND BETTER!

Greetings!

It has been over a month since I've posted on the blog and I apologize for not doing so sooner. It has been an interesting last few weeks on my end, with the biggest being the completion of a rather intense wrestling season where my team was able to finish 3rd in Washington, DC. The boys worked hard during the season and we definitely saw a lot of improvement from many of the wrestlers.

Interestingly enough, I had somewhat of an epiphany during this time off. The name of the blog is "3-D Optimal Performance" and its something that is near and dear to my body, mind and spirit. Initially, I focused quite a bit on Anatomy, Physiology and Chain Reaction Biomechanics as well as Functional Movement. It was a way to get a lot of the info that was in my head out and hopefully it has been useful to readers. I will still continue with this kind of writing, but I do not want the blog to be limited to this.

Efficient and Effective movement are keys to Optimal Performance in whatever discipline that you are in and maximizing what we have been given internally and externally are going to elevate our performance as much as possible. With this in mind, we will approach various topics geared toward OPTIMIZING PERFORMANCE using an Applied Functional Science thought process.

For instance, I have been training for a triathlon and decided that I just didn't want to just start swimming, cycling and running without doing in the most effective ways possible. Wasting time and energy are not ways to optimize performance, so I decided to set out and find some of the best systems for those 3 disciplines. I found:

Swimming; TOTAL IMMERSION
Cycling: SPINNING
Running: EVOLUTION RUNNING, POSE METHOD AND CHI RUNNING

I will go into more later about each discipline using AFS but I posted the links if you wanted to learn a little more about them.

Look out for a blog post on Total Immersion soon as well as a Anatomy Focus on the Lumbar Spine soon.

Thank you for reading, and please know that I'm very excited to start posting again.

Happy Friday!

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment