October 14, 2009

SNEAK PEAK OF 3-D FIT AND FUCTIONAL


Well, I had the privilege of attending an amazing celebration of academics, athletics and arts this weekend at the high school where I work. I tip my hat to the administration and all of the parents who were involved in this event. Great job!


During the event I was able to chat with many people who were (surprisingly enough) following the blog. Wow! Thanks to all. Well, what I was getting a lot from the conversations was that people wanted a "new workout" or wanted to get back into shape. I think thats great and I'm definitely up for doing that. Another Principle of Function is that Function is VARIABLE, so when people are getting workouts from magazines, they are getting a VERY broad spectrum workout. Usually, the workouts are pretty good but lack a really individually functional touch that will be address the various personal variables in a persons life such as goals, schedule, pre-existing movement dysfunction, etc. These must be addressed if the person really wants results.

However, if you really want to get the results you need, working with someone who is trained in that area will probably yield the best results. I would say that would go for any area. Sure I can change the brakes in my car, but I like that extra reassurance that the mechanic will have a little more knowledge and experience than me. I would hate to be driving down a hill and my brakes all of a sudden give out. It would be interesting but I'd rather not go there.

3-D FIT AND FUNCTIONAL preview

Anyway, in November I am going to start to post a WORKOUT OF THE WEEK on the blog.

These 3-D FIT AND FUNCTIONAL workouts are designed to give the athlete (everybody is an athlete) a well-rounded sequence of movements that will:


  • INCREASE flexibility


  • INCREASE strength


  • INCREASE energy levels and vitality


  • DECREASE unwanted body fat


  • DECREASE muscle and soft tissue tightness


  • INCREASE OVERALL HEALTH AND WELLNESS

3-D FIT AND FUNCTIONAL will allow you to create environments of succcess so that your body can respond effectively and efficiently to the movement and load demands that are imposed on it. Based on the Principles of APPLIED FUNCTIONAL SCIENCE and borrowing from the movement traditions of Yoga, Pilates, Martial Arts and Functional Strength Training,

3-D FIT AND FUNCTIONAL will get you the results you desire.


 The workouts will be sorted into BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED levels.

If you have any requests, please make sure you leave them in the COMMENTS section. I will do my best to accomodate the requests.

MORE INFO SOON!!!!!

All the best,

Will

No comments:

Post a Comment